oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 28, 2014

SUYL Favorite Vacation Spot!

I wrote a post back in 2011 about my favorite U.S. vacation spot, Ocean Isle Beach, NC
But today, I am talking about my other FAVORITE vacation:

A Royal Caribbean cruise


I do not even know where to start because these vacations are absolutely amazing. I went on my first cruise in the third grade and have been on 7 cruises since then. My first two were with Carnival, but once we made the switch to Royal we never went back.






The Royal ships I have been on include:

Sovereign
Mariner 
Liberty
Grandeur
Freedom (twice)

Each ship has something special to offer but I am going to go over some of the things that they all offer. Whether you choose a smaller ship or the biggest one in the business, you will have the time of your life!! The one concern I hear about this type of vacation is "what if I get motion sick?" I'm here to tell you that I have pretty bad motion sickness and have never once been bothered!! It is like a paradise resort that you don't even know is moving unless you watch the wake off the back of the ship. 

First of all, you get to vacation while traveling to your vacation!! I feel like I have visited a great portion of the Caribbean, thanks to cruises. The beaches you visit just don't compare to anywhere else in the world in my opinion.


 Roatan, Honduras

 Labadee, Haiti

Grand Cayman

Not only do you get to visit these beautiful places, but you also get the chance to be immersed in their culture. Most of the shore excursions you go on are guided by locals and it gives you a great taste of what their island life is like. 



As wonderful as the islands are however, the true experience is back on the ship! First of all, the service is impeccable! From your dining staff, to your room steward, to the bar tenders- they are beyond friendly and truly take the time to know you and what you prefer. Not to mention they are from hundreds of countries all over the world so it is really neat to talk with them and find out about their culture! I always become friends with my waiter and room steward :)



Just a fun plus? Towel animals! In your room every night. Along with your room tidied up and your covers pulled back! Now thats service!


During the day, there is SO much to do!! You have an itinerary delivered to your room each night and you would not imagine all the fun options. Sitting by the pool listening to the steel drum band is my favorite thing to do but there are contests, bingo, art shows, kids camp, flow rider, rock climbing, and some ships even have putt-putt courses and ice rinks. 




& night time? Even more fun options. Dinner in itself is something to talk about. The waiter knows your drink order by the second night and has it ready for you when you sit down (Sprite for me!). The menu changes each night to offer the yummiest options for everyone. There are even nights when the dining staff put on a show. Dinner is one of my favorite parts of cruises!  After dinner you can head to a show, a dance club, a pool party, a movie on the pool deck, or bed! ha ha There are endless choices.





Finally? Just the view of the endless ocean is calming and breathtaking all at the same time. 



If you haven't been on a Royal Caribbean cruise, I HIGHLY recommend it. You will not regret it. Soon, you will be loyal to Royal too :)

2 comments:

  1. I've still have yet to go on a cruise, but I'd really love to! Maybe, someday!

    And just letting you know, I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Kelly's. I've cruised on Carnival, RCI and Norwegian. RCI wins, hands down. Except Norwegian's deboarding process on the last day is THE BEST EVER.

    ReplyDelete