oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 17, 2014

WE'RE ENGAGED!


On March 11, 2014, Andy made me THE happiest girl alive when he asked me to marry him! 

We were spending a few days at Ocean Isle Beach for Spring Break. It was a perfect trip. The weather was gorgeous, we had two nights of delicious dinners, and it was warm enough that we even got to lay out on the beach (in bathing suits!!).

 I was sad to leave on Tuesday morning so we went out on the beach one last time. We starting walking towards the high rise where it all started. Hand in hand, Andy asked me if Ocean Isle was my favorite beach in the world. Y'all, I unknowingly threw him a perfect line! I told him it was and then I said "well, it may be tied with some of the Caribbean beaches we've been too" and just after that, he let me walk a step ahead of him and as I turned around he said "well this can be a tie breaker" and got down on one knee!! 

He had his sunglasses on so I removed them so I could see his eyes and it is true that you really don't remember what is said after that. I was SO happy and excited. I said yes, he put the ring on my finger, and we sealed it with a kiss! 

We retraced our walk on the beach back towards the car grinning from ear to ear while he recounted all of the details that led up to that day. A sweet couple was walking onto the beach as we were leaving and we asked them to snap a few pictures of us. I'm so glad we have pictures together from this happy, happy morning! 


This was the first picture. You can tell how excited we were :) The sweet woman even offered to take pictures at a different angle because of the light and the following pictures were even better!




I mean seriously, could it be anymore gorgeous on the beach?! 

God truly blessed me with such an amazing, caring, hardworking, loving man and I am SO excited to begin this adventure together. I know marriage is something that will be work and will not always be easy, but after 8 years together and a lot of prayer, I know we are meant to be together forever :)

Let the wedding planning begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment