oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, May 7, 2011

SUYL- Ocean Isle Beach, NC

I decided to link up with one of the first blogs I started to read, Kelly's Korner, and participate in her "Show Us Your Life Fridays" Although I'm a day late, yesterday was favorite vacation spots. Anyone who knows me knows that Ocean Isle Beach is my all time favorite beach. It's between Wilmington, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC and its the perfect low-key spot to spend a week because its small and quaint but you're close enough to MB to go have some fun if thats what you want to do.
My family has always gone to this beach atleast one week out of the summer my entire life. For a long time, we went one week with my mom's family in June and one week with my stepdad's family in August. We stopped going in August eventually, and started to go in November for Thanksgiving with his family.
I just have the best memories at this beach with all of my cousins (10-15 on each side): spending all day on the beach, going to the pool in the afternoon, sometimes taking the jetski or boat out on the intercoastal waterway, going out to dinner or cooking a big meal at home, and then walking on the beach to"crab hunt" at night.
And afterall, if it weren't for OIB, I would'nt have even met my boyfriend of 5 years :)
Ocean Isle is lined with rows and rows of beach cottages, and we have always rented one of those. There are a few hotels, but they are all owned locally (no chains). Some of the rental sites include: http://www.williamsonrealty.com/
cookerealty.com
However, for the past 5 years, we have stayed in my mom's brother's cottage and rented a second beach house beside it! These houses are on Wilmington Street and are canal front.
Finally, some of the restaurants we like to eat at are The Isles Restaurant, Cinelli's Italian, and the Homemade Icecream shop on the island and then also The Boundary House thats about 10 minutes down the road in Calabash, NC.
I could go on and on about memories from all these trips but I will let all the pictures show it!


If you're still with me, you can probably tell I have so many pictures from each year. Most of them with my closest, more-like-a-best-friend, cousin Barrett :) Sadly, because of several different circumstances we can't go this year and I'm heartbroken but we will definitely continue to go! I can't wait to take my own family there and maybe someday even own a house there ;)
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment: