oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Weekend Review

I had a wonderful weekend and I wanted to jot down some of the things I did!
Friday, I went to the zoo with my mom's kindergarten class and it was a lot of fun! My friend Kaley got to come too, so we enjoyed watching my mom's kids get excited and reminisced on our zoo trips in the past. I hadn't gone in forever so it was good to see all the wild animals again!


Loved how this one had his legs crossed!
My favorite animal to see!

We thought he looked like he needed pants on! ha ha

The penguins were snooty and purposely kept their backs to us the whole time except this guy!

Shortly after I got back from the zoo, I went over to watch Sloan while her parents got ready for a party. Since I haven't introduced her, she is the sweetie I will be nannying this summer! She is 16 months old and I can already tell I'll love her to peices! I wish I could post a picture of her but I definitely won't without her parent's permission! ;) When I got home I had a nice dinner with my family and just relaxed the rest of the night since it had been a long day!
Saturday I woke up and went over to watch Sloan again. I'm getting to learn her routine and its nice to see her often these few weeks I have before I start watching her every day. We had lunch together, she took a nap, and then we played outside some. After that I just spent time at home and did some shopping with my sister Faith at Target.
Today wasn't a normal Sunday because I didn't get to go to church with my family! I can't wait until I get into the routine of going to my home church again but I commited to babysitting for Sophia and Olivia at 12:30 so I had to miss out. However, I was very excited to see these girls! I nannied for them last summer and my-oh-my how they've grown! They're almost 2 and I can't believe how much they can talk. We had fun coloring, playing outside, and watching Bambi. Since they had to get a new nanny when I went back to school in the fall, I really hope I get to see them throughout the summer when I'm not with Sloan ;)
Can you say a LOT of kid time this weekend!? Some may think I'm crazy, but I really enjoy all the time I get to spend with children; whether it's my mom's class, Sophie&Livy, or Sloan, I just enjoy taking care of them and seeing their personalities grow. I will be spending much more time with my friends and family this week, but for now I'm content with my kid-filled weekend :) 
God Bless,
Karen

PS: Be looking out for an update on Lift Up Appstate sometime this week! I'm excited to actually begin working on the club-related paperwork so I will be blogging about my experience with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment