oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 10, 2014

Our Love Story {Part 3}


{Read Part 1 here}
{Read Part 2 here}

Ok. Lets fast forward to June of 2006. I had just ended a thing with a boy I was "talking to" days before going on my mom's family's vacation to Ocean Isle Beach (place sound familiar?). I was SO excited for this trip and of course, was having the best time once I got there. One morning in the middle of the week, I woke up to a missed call and voicemail from a phone number I had deleted out of my phone (aka Andy's). Y'all. I still remember the exact beach house bedroom I was in when this happened. I quickly woke Barrett up and we were all "whaaaat!?" 

His voicemail said some version of "Hey I was just calling to see how you were. Call me back if you want." That night I called him from the balcony of our beach house and his reason as to why he called? He was bored. (WHAT? remember we hadn't talked in months)  Lord bless him. We awkwardly talked about what we had been up to, he told me he had gotten a job at the golf course, and that was about it. Definitely caught me off guard. After that night, we began talking a little more in between the other trips that I went on.

Sometime in July, something changed. I began warming up to him again and enjoying talking to him again. One week we talked on the phone all hours of the night (I'm talking 'til 4AM people) every night of the week. By the end of the week he told me something that caught me off guard (once again). While telling me goodnight he managed to sneak in that he still really liked me and never stopped. I didn't know how to respond but I definitely felt the same way. So we decided to talk a while longer to see how things would go and then go from there.

Nothing changed. We talked all the time and we knew we wanted to be "together". There was no one else I liked talking to more and even though we were 4.5 hours away, we agreed we wanted to date. (cue Hunter Hayes song "I want crazy" - because clearly, we did).

After a love note via snail mail of Andy telling me he wanted me back, I accepted. And we began dating on September 16, 2006 and have been together ever since :)

What about our first date? Where we are now?

Stay tuned!

{Read Part 4 here}
{Read Where We Are Now here}

No comments:

Post a Comment