oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 24, 2014

Mama Faye



My beautiful, sweet namesake went to be with the Lord on Friday, February 21.

I am so happy for her that she is dancing with Jesus, completely healed. She has been dealing with dementia, strokes, and a fall that left her body weak so she is SO much better off in Heaven now. 

This doesn't heal the pain we all feel from missing her but it is comforting to know we will see her beautiful smile again some day. 




After hearing how she impacted all the people in her community this past weekend, I felt so honored to be the granddaughter of such an amazing woman. Her services truly reflected how she will be remembered, a precious woman of God with a huge servant's heart and a contagious smile. 


While most of our family gatherings included my 6 aunts and uncles and 15 cousins, I always cherished the alone time I got with her and I have sweet, sweet memories that we shared. 


She bought me the prettiest, fanciest clothes whenever she came to visit. 

I think I will always be able to remember her exact tone and rising intonation when saying "Lorrrrdd" in response to the crazy stories we would tell.

She always wanted to make me (or anyone!) feel comfortable- whether it was sharing her jacket at a restaurant, rubbing my back while watching TV, or getting me a blanket when I got cozy on the couch.


On our family beach trips, she stayed inside and was right ready to cook lunch for us or just hang out when we came in from the beach tired and ready to cool off.



We had some special alone time when I was at ECU. Since it was only an hour and a half away, she and Grandaddy came to eat dinner with me at Outback one night and I can still see her laughing and shaking her head at my Grandaddy walking next door to Wendy's while we were still eating to get us Frostys. (Yes he really did this, you see what a good woman she was? :)

There was also a time when just her and I went to get mexican in Clinton and pick up some sandals that I had been wanting for a long time.

When my mom facetimed me from her rehab center shortly after her stroke, i was cooking dinner & my mom asked me to "show her around" my apartment. As I was walking through each room she kept saying "shes gonna burn her dinner, you need to go check on that dinner." She always had our best interest in mind & I think I may get some of my anxiety from her ;) 

She and Grandaddy had a trampoline for all of us cousins and she would come out and watch us jump and laugh (and worry!) about our tricks and stunts. 

She made THE BEST creamed corn ever. I lived for her creamed corn no matter what family function it was, she made it and it was delicious.
She could also make the best casseroles, chicken tetrazini being a favorite.

Most importantly, she loved each one of us grandchildren so much and she prayed for all of us daily. 




I love you Mama Faye and I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment