oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Our Love Story {Part 1}



Let's back up to 2003. Yes, 11 years ago!! In June of 2003 my mom's side of the family vacationed at Ocean Isle Beach, just like we had done every year of my life. And just for a point of reference- this is what I looked like in 2003. 12 years old ha!


Weird point # 1- we went a week later than usual and stayed at a condo hotel instead of a house (we had never done this before). My cousin Barrett and I always talked to whoever we were around and usually made friends on these trips each year. This year we met John and his sisters at the pool & we quickly became friends. John so happened to be Andy's best friend ;) Weird point #2- John's family usually went to OIB in August but decided to come in June this particular year. Anyways, by the end of the week we knew we wanted to exchange AIM addresses (ha ha, again can you tell how long ago this was?) to stay in touch. Barrett and I woke up on the last morning to tell John & his family bye and that was that. We stayed in touch and talked frequently for the next year or so. 

Neither Andy nor I remember when this happened but one night John randomly asked me if I wanted to talk (on AIM) to one of his friends who was bored and I said sure… enter Andy. Or should I say "switchblade"- kind of a scary screen name right? He claims he was borrowing his friend's for a while or something hah. Well it just so happens that we talked randomly for the next several weeks/months and then eventually we liked each other. Once again, neither of us can remember when/how the conversation happened but we realized that we both really enjoyed talking to one another so we decided to talk on the phone! 

Remember when every one only had house phones? Well Andy did not have free long distance calling so I had to call him first. Boy was I nervous to call him, but I did! At my friend Sophie's house I called him for the very first time and I do remember that very well! :) We eventually began talking on the phone every night and we finally decided that we wanted to meet each other. Yeah- we still had never met. So we devised a plan to meet one another…

coming in {part 2} :)

Read Part 2 here
Read Part 3 here
Read Part 4 here
Read Where We Are Now here

No comments:

Post a Comment