oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

20!3

Whew There were several big milestones that 2013 held! I thought this survey Mrs. Betsy Maddox uses is fun since I don't really have updates for each month of the year. 

What did you do this year that you had never done before?

I feel like this may be a running theme for these questions- graduate from college! I obviously hadn't done that before & I cannot believe my undergraduate years went by so quickly. 

I also learned to sew! I got a sewing machine for Christmas last year and I spent a lot of my time in January learning tips and tricks. I just wish I had more time on it the rest of the year! Someday...

Did anyone close to you give birth?

My best friend's cousin who is also a sweet family friend, Erin, gave birth to her first little girl, Hadley! I got the chance to meet her last week :) 

Did anyone close to you die?
Andy's grandmother Bonnie passed away in August. She was so sweet to me every time I visited and I know his family felt such a great loss. It is sad to think our grandparents are getting old and thier health is declining. I know we all selfishly want them to stay with us forever but its so comforting knowing we will see them again and that they are SO much happier being in heaven with Jesus. 

What dates from 2013 will remain etched in your memory?

There really arent any dates in particular that will stand out in my mind. I, of course, will always remember May of 2013 as when I graduated. Though I probably won't remember the specific date ha! I'm not a major date person unless it is big dates such as birthdays or anniversaries. 

Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Thankfully I did not! Thank you Lord for keeping me well in 2013! 

What was the best thing you bought?
My MacBook Pro with my graduation money! Much needed investment as my old laptop was being held together with screws Ha ha

Where did most of your money go?
Sadly, Im not currently making any money AT ALL thanks to grad school. When I was still able to work in the spring & summer though- it all went to groceries and gas. Sigh, the life of a college student ;) 

What songs will remind you of 2013?
As awful as they were, probably all the skany songs sung my Miley Cyrus & others. I was appalled by the VMAs this year! 

What do you wish you would have done more of?
This is hard because I dont like regret but I definitely should have worked out & exercised more. I wish I would have been in the word more too- it helps me immesely and I've let the business of life become an excuse for not reading my Bible like I neec to. 

What was your favorite tv program?
My favorite TV program since my freshman year of college... The Bachelor! I LOVED Sean and Desiree. Such good people! I also love that the franchise has picked Christians (intentionally or not) who talk about their faith on the show. 

What is the best book you read this year?
My favorite author is Emily Giffin and I dont think she came out with any new books this year. Besides Ive spent way too much time reading textbooks anyway Hah

What did you do on your birthday?

My birthday was a lot of fun this year! I remember that both of my classes were cancelled and all I had to do was work. I LOVE my babies at work so that was really a treat more than anything. That night I got together with several of my girlfriends at Casa Rustica and enjoyed good food & wine. I ended up talking & laughing hysterically with 3 of them in the parking lot after for over an hour. 



Where did you travel?

Asheville with the roomies & the fam




Morgantown, WV for Andy's Barrister's Ball


 Hilton Head, SC/Savannah, GA with the bestie for Spring Break!




Asheville for my last retreat as a sister of Sigma Alpha Omega


Ocean Isle Beach with Andy for a graduation treat & to see Nana & Papa


Wild Dunes, SC with S & E



WV for 4th of July including a trip to the Greenbrier!



Cruise to Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel 


Virginia Tech for a football game


Back to Asheville with the family



Plus the usual holiday travel to Wilmington & Salemburg!


Wow- looking back at 2013 makes me think one thing- I am BLESSED! 

I hope you have a happy, happy New Years! Here's to 2014 :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment