oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Tour of Homes!

Welcome! I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner for the Christmas Tour of Homes. I have a lot of decorations to share!

I'm excited to post pictures of Christmas decorations from my apartment at school and my home (that my Mom decorated :)

Lets start off by taking a look at my apartment last year. Now it was a holly jolly wonderland!!

 We went together and cut down a real tree. That really made the entire apartment feel homey and cheerful :)



Of course, nothing nice or fancy. I'm pretty sure all of these decorations came from the dollar store or Walmart but we wanted to take the extra time to make our place feel festive and fun. It most definitely did :)

Now, my apartment this year was not nearly as flashy and fun. My roommates and I didn't have nearly as much time to decorate as I did with my roommates last year. However, we still had some festive touches here and there. 



I just love this wreath. It is my roommate's and I think it looks like the holidays, but it could be used any time of year!







I also love the tree in my room. My room is decorated in pink and green and it matches perfectly. I leave it there and decorate it for Valentines day (with red ribbon) when I return after Christmas :)

Finally, a look inside my home. I just got home for Christmas break last night and snapped some pictures of all our decorations. We have a much more traditional feel to our decor than a lot of the homes I'm seeing today. I really like a mixture of both! 



I love the way the front door looks lit up at night. Its hard to tell but those are angels by the door.


Our main Christmas tree is filled with sentimental ornaments that we've all collected through the years. I love the way the white lights highlight all the colorful, meaningful ornaments. 

Some touches in the kitchen:




Our dining table set up:




 This advent calendar is falling apart, sadly. I love it though. My brother and I used to fight over who got odd days and who got even days. We always wanted even so we could be the one to put baby Jesus in his manger on Christmas eve ;)





I love that my mom sets out Christmas frames and pictures from past Christmas cards and Santa pictures.

The living room: 






I love Christmas mantles!


I remember being so excited when this nativity was set up each year. I'd play with it every day. Funny how there are so many toy nativities around these days. 


We keep our Christmas cards in a basket by the fire place. I love to sit by the fire and look at all our cards. I've seen so many neat ways to display cards, I'm not sure how I'll do it in my own house some day!

Perhaps one of my favorite decorations; we added this tree to our landing last year and I decorated it using the ornaments from my apartment's big tree last year. I love how you can see both trees lit up when you walk in our front door!




Thanks for touring! If you have any questions about where anything came from, ask in the comments and I'll be happy to answer :)

& one piece of advice- if you are in an apartment for school or whatever the reason may be; take the time to buy a few decorations (its even easy on a college budget!) to make it cheery and homey. I just love the way my apartments feel when they are decorated for the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment