oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, December 27, 2013

The Big Christmas Post of 2013

Man, this seems like the shortest Christmas season in a long time. Maybe because Thanksgiving was so late this year? I don't know but it really flew by. 

 On Monday, Anna, Faith, and I made Christmas cookies! 



On Christmas Eve, we all slept in and laid around the house watching Christmas movies until the Christmas Eve service. I thought our sanctuary was decorated so beautifully. I LOVE going and being reminded of the reason Christmas is celebrated- Jesus, the light of the world, was born with the plan to save us from our sins- now THAT is a reason to celebrate. 




After the Christmas Eve service, I headed over to my dad's to celebrate Christmas there :) We had fun opening presents, having a yummy meal, and just hanging out. Kendall's brother Kevin always gets some kind of cool present that we all play with. This year he got a chameleon light that changes to whatever color its placed on. He even changed to different shades of colors. We were all stumped with how that technology works but it was cool! Sadly, the only pictures I took were of two of my presents. Kendall made Leah and I Shutterfly scrapbooks from our cruise which I loved looking through! She also found a fun way to give money-money origami. Andy got money shaped like a shirt & tie at Nana and Papa's and I ended up getting a stingray and turtle! Most definitely reminds me of the Caribbean :)




I didn't do a good job of taking pictures on Christmas morning with mom & Phil either! We each get 3 presents and I only took one picture of my stash of tiny presents ha ha. I think they get tinier every Christmas. But I was super excited for my stash nonetheless :) 


Once we opened gifts & ate breakfast, we were on the road to my mom's hometown for a Royal family Christmas! My grandaddy rented out their church's family life center this year and it ended up being a fabulous idea. All the great-grands had room to run & play and there was lots of space for yummy food & conversation :) Here are some pictures from Christmas evening. 

Cousin love:








I didn't get any pictures with the older cousins! But one of my favorite things to do this year was watch my cousin Ashley's little boy John & my cousin Joel's little girl Elizabeth interact. It was so funny how they would follow each other around or just stand and look at each other. Hah Love them. 




While we had a good time visiting with family, it was also sad because Mama Faye was not able to be home for Christmas. She is still in rehab from her fall. My family started the day after Christmas by visiting her. She is still improving each day and I can't wait until she is strong enough to go home!!

Our Christmas travels ended with a trip to Greensboro to visit my cousin Allie and her little boy Brady! His birthday was the week before Christmas so we wanted to give him his gifts. I was excited to meet him and glad we got to spend time with them as well.

I'm always so thankful to spend time with family over the holidays. It sure is refreshing. Be thankful if you live close to family though! I may or may not have kissed our driveway when we were able to get out of the car last night ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment