oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, January 1, 2016

20!5

I must admit I fell WAY behind on blogging this year. The year was so jam packed with excitement that my blog fell by the way side. I basically went back and blogged everything that happened in November and December. However, this past year was probably one of THE best although it came with THE most change!!! I've done this survey the past several years and I love it. I just have to reflect on this year- it was a good one. 

What did you do this year that you had never done before?

I think the easier question would be what did I do that I HAD done before. Ha Ha

I lived in  Chapel Hill



I completed over 30 Pure Barre classes during my stay in Chapel Hill



I graduated with my Master's degree


I was a part of my brother's wedding and a maid of honor in my best friend's wedding 



I was given four bridal showers!


I had a bachelorette weekend


I got married!


I went on a honeymoon to St. Lucia


I moved to a new state with my husband


and I started my first job!


Did anyone close to you give birth?

My friend Sierra gave birth to her sweet baby girl, Rielynn on April 2nd.



Did anyone close to you die?

Andy's Aunt Becky and Grandpa Wallace passed away in October.



What dates from 2015 will remain etched in your memory?

OF COURSE, August 8th!!!



Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Thankfully, other than my minor gum surgery in March to fix some receding gums, I stayed healthy my last semester of graduate school. I actually ended up getting a stomach bug the week before my bachelorette weekend which was awful. Other than that, I had a week-long sinus infection in October. I'm thankful for my health this year. 

What was the best thing you bought?
I'd say the best thing I bought was paying my rent and bills with Andy, with our own money earned from our jobs, for the first time. It was such a rewarding feeling to be able to use our own money that we earned this year. 

Where did most of your money go?
Most of mine and my parents money went to our wedding!! 

What songs will remind you of 2015?
Without a doubt "Watch Me Whip." I think the songs each year just get dumber Ha ha Oh and also our first dance song too :-) Still Fallin' by Hunter Hayes

What do you wish you would have done more of?
 Oh my goodness. Answering this question is easy because I could not have possibly done more!!! I'm absolutely happy with all of life's events this year and I don't think I needed to do more of anything! Hah

What was your favorite tv program?
My favorite TV shows haven't really changed. I still love Dancing With the Stars and The Bachelor. I got into Shark Tank this fall with Andy. 

What is the best book you read this year?
I honestly didn't read many books this year either. I was able to read one over our honeymoon (The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand) and one during the month of December (Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews).  I guess those would have to be my favorites Ha Ha

What did you do on your birthday?

My birthday was filled with wedding activities, what else!? :-) I threw a bridal shower for my best friend. After Amy's shower, we rode together to pick up my bridesmaids' dresses and she had a dress fitting. I ended the day celebrating with dinner & cupcakes with my family!

Where did you travel?

 Morgantown to Andy's Barrister's Ball in March


Boone for graduation in May


Charleston, SC for Amy's Bachelorette weekend in June


Two trips to Carolina beach in May and June


West Virginia for a 4th of July at Andy's parents


Wilmington for my Bachelorette weekend in July


Lewisburg when we decided to live here the first weekend of August


St. Lucia on our honeymoon in August!

Blacksburg for a Brad Paisley concert Labor Day weekend and a football game in October



Greenville for ECU/VT game in September


A few trips home to Charlotte


and our holiday travel that I just posted about to Wilmington then a 5 day trip to Charlotte, Salemburg, and Craigsville!

I simply cannot believe how jam packed this year was. Making this post wore me out. It was so incredibly full of FUN and exciting things!!!! My wish for 2016 is for stability and contentment with some fun thrown in there too :-) 2015, you were very fun. Cheers to 2016!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment