oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Wrapping Up July Update

After leaving home two weeks ago, I was SO excited to be spending 2 weeks in Boone without any travel! Don't get me wrong, I had SO much fun on all my trips but it is super hard traveling 4 weekends in a row, especially with a super busy schedule! 

Sadly, after going to Whole Foods before leaving town my poor baby got in a fight with a huge pole in the parking deck, and the pole won :( It was one of those things where I have NO idea how it happened except to think I was looking behind my car (trying not to hit other cars) and was not looking in front. Clearly not seeing that I was missing the turn by a long shot.





A woman walking by after the accident said "If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing with my company car a few weeks ago!" While it didn't exactly make me feel better, it made me look around and see that most ALL of the huge pole/boulders had car paint, dents, and scratches on them. Needless to say, I will not be going back in the Whole Foods parking deck. Phil taped it up enough so that I could drive it home & get in checked out in the morning.




While I've been able to drive a rental car the last 2 weeks, I'm sad to say insurance totaled my baby :( It is still drivable though so we are waiting to hear back from an adjuster to see if it can still be fixed. *sigh*

In other news, I wrapped up my summer semester this week!!!! It has been a fun and BUSY summer! I ended up completing 99 clinical clock hours and two 3 hour classes. I am finally past the halfway point of grad school with only ONE MORE semester of classes! Can I get an hallelujah!? 

Finally, since my practicum ended last week and this week only consisted of a few meetings and night classes, I was able to sub for a lead teacher at the child development center I have worked at all throughout college. It was a great experience and I enjoyed being able to love on those babies all week!! However, a stomach bug started going around the center on Thursday and I got it last night :( I was all packed and ready to leave for my family's beach trip this morning and woke up, super sick, in the middle of last night. Such is the life of a child care worker. I rested all day today & hopefully I will be back in business tomorrow! I can't believe I got sick on the first day of BOTH of my two week summer breaks. Here's to hoping the rest of my break is full of fun and not sickness!

No comments:

Post a Comment