oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, August 9, 2014

OiB Trip

Thankfully, I felt much better on Sunday and I was able to leave for the beach that morning! God really must have thought we all needed rest because it continued to rain until Tuesday morning. Once we hit the beach Tuesday afternoon, we had a fabulous beach week!!



We had beautiful views at this cottage in Island Park!







The pond behind our cottage served many purposes. There were so many turtles in the pond!! We noticed that if we stood on the balcony and looked over they would all swim towards us popping their heads out. So we decided to feed them a few nights :)




We also LOVED to hang out in this little area. It was seriously like our own little oasis. With two hammocks, a swing, some chairs, and the breeze coming off of the pond, it felt wonderful in the evenings after coming off the beach



And finally, Faith thought it was the perfect place to swim. Ha! She found out that her friend Rachel was staying in those condos right across the pond once we got there. They spent more time swimming in that pond than on the beach. Whatever floats your boat … 


My Grandaddy came to stay with us on Wednesday!


Enjoying Ocean Isle Creamery. I like to say I get my love for ice cream from him ;)

Each day around 4:00 the tide would come up so high, we would end up practically sitting in the dunes. But that didn't keep us from enjoying every minute possible!




On the last night we drove over to Carolina Beach to hit up the boardwalk. Faith had been wanting to  ride fair rides all week so we decided Carolina Beach would be a good place to go. 



The first thing we did was stop by Britt's Donuts. My mom and I have been clean eating (which I'll talk about sometime soon) but we made room for a special treat. Both sides of my family have always talked about Britt's Donuts and how it reminds them of their childhood. My Nana even talks about how she'd go as a little girl. This being my first time, Britt's did not disappoint!  





My roomie Meghan's parents live at Carolina Beach so her and her mom met us at the Boardwalk. We were ready to ride some rides after that!




The only ride I rode was the ferris wheel ;)




We ended the night by walking down the Boardwalk towards the beach and the moon looked gorgeous shining on the water. What a perfect way to end our trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment