oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, May 1, 2014

In Honor of Clinic Ending


Well, I have completed my last few therapy sessions with my clients and I think they all ended so well. I am SO proud of the progress all four of my clients made throughout the semester and witnessing it has been the best part of the experience. I took pictures of two of my last sessions that were beach and birthday themed! We had a lot of fun with these! Not all sessions were this elaborate by any means, but that is part of the fun right? ;)




Without further ado, in honor of my first semester of clinic ending, I thought I'd make a list of the things I said or heard a million and one times this semester . . . 

I heard you say…
I'll CC you
I have attached my SOAP
tour? top? tide?
Now you GET to…
Look at my lips
Take a bite
What next?
accept the track changes
lesson plan
teach me this word
Tell me four times
date, service type, duration
let's listen to your words
Do you know where the _____ (material) is?
I'd like to check out a …
positive verbal reinforcement

hah

In all seriousness, I have learned SO much this semester and I can't believe that my first semester of clinic is already over. I will always remember my first clients and the impact they had on my learning (and my heart- lets be cheesy for a sec). I could't have imagined how comfortable I would be these last several weeks and just how much I would enjoy giving therapy. I knew I'd love it, but actually doing it sealed the deal. I found out my summer placement at the end of last week and I am super excited to begin working with adults with developmental disabilities. I have a feeling I will feel the same way at the end of summer semester ;) Here's to more experience! But first… let's get class over with and have a two week break please!?


No comments:

Post a Comment