oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, December 7, 2018

Our Stay at The Greenbrier Hotel

The week after Thanksgiving, Andy had a work conference at The Greenbrier. It was super exciting because we got to stay!! We've been over to The Greenbrier many times, but we've never stayed the night (it is only 15 minutes away ha ha). I ended up having a snow day due to icy-cold weather, so as soon as Andy got home from work we drove over to White Sulphur Springs.


How beautiful is that scene!?


It was a big deal that we got to check-in Ha ha


We went up to see our room right away. 







So gorgeous! & check out the view from our window! It was the perfect place to see the big Christmas tree lit up that night. 


After we settled in our room, we walked around looking at the Christmas decorations.






Then we just sat by the fire and talked for a while. 


How beautiful is this view from where we sat by the fire!?


We decided to have dinner at Drapers.





We didn't take any pictures of our entrees, but this ice cream looked so darling ;-)


After dinner, we strolled some more. We peeked into the theater room to see a few minutes of the Polar Express...


and we took a look outside at the gorgeous lights.


Andy met up with some of his law school friends for a while but I decided to relax in the room. Remember how we could see the big tree from our window? It looked amazing after dark!


The next morning while Andy was at his conference...


I was treated to room service. Holy cow! I've never had room service quite like this before. She brought in an entire table! Ha ha



After I ate breakfast, I just HAD to swim in the indoor pool. It was only about 10 degrees outside, but I've always wanted to dive in ;-) 


Of course the pool area was decorated for Christmas too.





I had a quick swim and then went back to the room to shower and get ready for the church event I had that evening. I decided to have lunch at Drapers. I'd never gotten a burger and shake there before, so why not? 


Around 3:00, I gathered my things and headed home. Andy still had one more day of his conference, but since Luci was at home & I had to work the next day, I decided to stay at home that night. 


I'm so grateful for this guy and the awesome people he works with. We obviously didn't HAVE to stay, but they treated us. What a FUN way to kick-off the Christmas season :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment