oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Golden Birthday {A Different Kind of Birthday}

This week I turned 25 on the 25th!

It was a different kind of birthday. A birthday that exceeded my expectations. A birthday that was just what my heart needed. 

I have to admit, I had low expectations. We found out a few months ago that Andy was going to be out of town for work Sunday-Wednesday the week my birthday fell on Monday. I had to put on my big girl panties and stay home & go to work. I was kind of sad but I planned on hearing from all my loved ones, getting take-out, and watching good TV. That's exactly what happened! I also got fun mail- a wonderful package from my Nana and Papa with a beautiful jacket & shirt and sweet cards!  


I ended the day by blowing out a candle that sung happy birthday to me Haha 


Honestly, I still went to bed feeling sad that I didn't get to hug the necks of my favorite people. I didn't get to see my family and friends that I have always celebrated with, and that made me sad. But, hey, adult life tends to throw you curve balls. I'm thankful for another year!!

Then came Tuesday. Tuesdays have become one of my most favorite days. I get to study the bible with  my sweet friends who welcomed me with open arms, who have made me feel a part of their group since day 1. Sweet Becky had made a delicious cake to celebrate my birthday along with Nikalee's birthday that was a couple of weeks ago. I also received a neat gift from Nikalee that I can't wait to hang!



I went home feeling so grateful for these women who have become such sweet friends in the past few months. 

Then came today. I got to my home school, after visiting another school, and my co-workers had decorated my desk and baked me a cake!! Carolina is an amazing baker too, so that was such a nice gift!! So thoughtful, and such a fun way to celebrate during our lunch break!! 



To top it off, Andy arrived home with a neatly wrapped, little gold box. I could not believe what was inside!! He gave me an absolutely beautiful diamond necklace!! He sure is good at pulling off surprises. And I was the most excited to hug and kiss him after 3 nights away!


My 25th birthday held much more significance than just celebrating another year. It helped me realize that while I didn't get to celebrate my birthday with everyone I've always known as my people, my village, I got to celebrate with  my new village. The village I'm building here in Lewisburg. A village of people who are so thoughtful and so caring. 

I'm grateful for my different kind of birthday. My birthday that exceeded my expectations. My birthday that was just what my heart needed. 

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post Karen!! You are so blessed with good friends and an awesome hubby. Plus you have such a good attitude!! I'm glad your birthday got better!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete