oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, April 22, 2016

A Day in the Life of Newlyweds

After seeing Andrea's link up earlier this week, I thought I should do a day in the life post to {maybe} help me get back in the swing of blogging ;-) My life looks quite a bit different since my last day in the life post almost 18 months ago! 

I decided on yesterday, Thursday April 21st. We never have plans on Thursday, so here is a look into our typical day. 

My alarm goes off at 6:15. I may or may not have pressed snooze ;-)
(& to go a long with my fun fact from my last DITL post, I still end up getting up at an odd time after pressing snooze ;-) 


By 7:30, I'm showered and ready to go. Andy gets up in time to kiss me goodbye and send me off :-) I usually eat my breakfast on the way to work and this morning I had eggs. 


I'm itinerant, so I go to several different schools throughout the week. Thursdays are spent at my elementary school. I arrive at 7:45 and quickly check my email and gather materials for my first few sessions. 


My first therapy session starts at 8:00 and I have 30 minute sessions until about 1:00 with a couple 30 minute breaks in between. 


Lite Brite! Throwback much?! ;-) 


One of my students was absent, so at 10:30 I got a break to eat a snack and enter data from the morning. 


Before my 12:30 session, I had a quick lunch and caught up on some of my favorite blogs :-) 


My afternoon sessions started up at 1:00 and I'm finished giving therapy by 2:30. 


From 2:30 to 3:15 I put away materials, enter data, and do any IEP work that needs to be done. 


My work day is over at 3:15. Andy usually picks up the mail on his way home from work since he passes the post office, but since we got a yellow slip yesterday I decided to go on my way home to get the package :-) 


It was my latest Lula Roe order! 


Then to my surprise, I had a package waiting at our doorstep too :-) 


Of course, I opened both packages when I got inside. The surprise package was a birthday gift from Barrett! So cute and the candle smells ah.mazing!


I spent about an hour relaxing, having a snack, and catching up on my favorite vlogs. 


Now, anyone that knows me knows I love a good nap. My sleep schedule is definitely not the best but it is what works for me. I'm the most productive at home when I take a nap, and this particular day, I didn't get much sleep the night before. So around 5:00 I laid down to rest and wait on Andy to get home :-) 


There's my handsome husband! 


Around 5:45 I dozed off and took a nap until about 7:00. I sure do have a wonderful husband! He takes this time to relax himself and then cook us dinner. I've told him many times to wake me before he starts cooking, but he claims to enjoy it so I don't argue with that ;-) On the menu this night was parma rosa chicken pasta and a spinach salad. 


Andy and I are both night owls so we spend the most time together in the late evenings. From about 7:30-9:30 we hung out on the couch, watched TV, and talked about our days. At 9:30 we started cleaning the kitchen and I folded some laundry. 


I love a nice, clean kitchen :-) 


 At 10:30, I got in bed to watch a episode of Chopped while Andy did his bible study. 


And my sound machine is turned on and I'm ready to sleep at 12:45. Goodnight world! 


No comments:

Post a Comment