oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up: Valentine's Edition

Well, this was our first Valentine's Day as a married couple and I can confidently say that Andy spoiled me all weekend long! :-)

On Friday, I got home to a snowy package on our doorstep! Some delicious berries were inside. My Valentine knows me well!




That night, he cooked dinner and then afterwards we went bowling! We hadn't been in forever and going to the bowling party for S last weekend inspired us. We played best 2 out of 3 and... at least I won once ;-) 





You would think the fun stopped there but Saturday included more fun surprises. We relaxed all day and then we had late dinner reservations at 8:30. I didn't know until we got there that he was taking me to The French Goat! It is a really cute local restaurant that we hadn't tried before. One of our favorite meals on our honeymoon was at a French restaurant, so it was fun to feel like we were back in St. Lucia, despite the cold weather :-) 






I mean, starting with baked brie hushpuppies and french onion soup and ending with creme brulèe? Yum! 


We got in most of our celebrating by Sunday because Andy was going to head home for a visitation. However, after going to Sunday school,  he didn't get too far down the road before his car broke down. A snow storm was headed our way anyways, so we left his car at the shop and came on home. So, it turns out we got to celebrate even more on Sunday. We decided to get Japanese take-out and watch a Bachelor special. I hate that he had to miss being there for one of his mentor's family members, but we had a nice evening in. 


& finally, we rounded out the weekend with a snow day at home together today. Andy already had President's Day off, and with the 6-9 inches of snow we were expecting, of course our schools were closed. I'm so thankful for all the special time I got to spend with my favorite guy this weekend. He has been the best Valentine for the past 9 years :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment