oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, December 4, 2014

A Whole 'lot of Family, Food, & Travel {Thanksgiving 2014}

 Y'all. This post is going to be FULL of pictures! I had intentions of splitting it up but then I didn't get to write this until the semester was over, so its going to be one, big, long post :) 

Thanksgiving week really felt like it started the week before. I came home Thursday night for an appointment on Friday. This was the first Friday I had off in a longggg time so I took advantage of it!  I got lots of puppy snuggles :) 



Andy came to town on Friday! He actually gets the full week off so he usually comes to visit me before going home. We had a relaxing weekend, mostly hanging out. We did go on a date Saturday where we walked around downtown and got a late lunch at Vida. 


I love going downtown now! I makes me so happy to walk by our wedding venue! I got so excited when we walked by and a bride and groom had just walked out!! 


We ended the weekend by having dinner with Will and Leah Saturday night and going to church on Sunday!

I headed back up the mountain for two days of clinic in Boone. Then I headed right back home after class on Tuesday night! Before leaving, I got this cute little mason jar from the PTA at my school, it was a nice little snack to have on the road ;)


Thanksgiving has always been a week of crazy travel. I got home late Tuesday night, then Wednesday morning we headed to my Grandaddy's. The past few years I have gone to Wilmington with my dad and Kendall while my mom and Phil were with Phil's family. This year we switched things up and I was able to spend Thanksgiving day with my mom's family and my dad's family! 

On Wednesday night my Grandaddy took Anna, Faith, and I to "Meadow Lights." It is a really neat light show set up in a small town nearby. We rode on a train to tour the lights. I love Christmas lights so even if I am 23, I thought it was pretty magical :)







Then on Thanksgiving day, soon after waking up, family started to arrive! All of my mom's family was able to come (except a few cousins) so it was really special! I'm glad we got to spend the day together since it was the first big holiday without our Mama Faye! 



Yum!








 I love this picture with my Grandaddy :) 


My Grandaddy got a new bicycle recently, so of course we had to try it out. I was laughing so hard at Chip driving around Chapman, and then my Aunt Kim driving around Barrett ha ha




Before leaving for Wilmington, I got to spend some time with my cousin Joel's little girl, Elizabeth. She is SO cute and was cracking us up. She apparently doesn't like men she doesn't know well so she was giving Chip a side eye and watching him like a hawk. 




I think she had warmed up to him by the next day, so I'm told ;) 

I made it to Wilmington in about an hour and a half and I was ready for another delicious meal! 


After a late lunch/early dinner, we just hung around and enjoyed each other's company :) I was stuffed to the brim! 




At the end of the night, we went outside and took pictures, which started out like this… ha ha


But we ended up with some good ones! I loved these pictures! :)


Right before bed I noticed the men were in one room...


… while the women were on the other side of the wall chatting in the other room :) 


It was such a great day, and I'm so glad I got to spend it with all my family!! I am abundantly thankful and am way more blessed than I deserve! 

Thanksgiving ended with some down time, decorating for Christmas, and dreaming of finishing up the semester!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment