oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up x3 (Football Edition)

I've had some full, fun weekends lately!! The weeks have been long though, hence the blog silence. When I opened up my Jesus Calling book on October 1st, the verse couldn't have been more relevant. 
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28


I think weary and burdened is how we all feel about now. I am SO glad double practicum is almost halfway finished and hopefully the second half flies faster than the first! With these long weeks, I am thankful for fun weekends :)

{September 19-21st}
My east coast adventure ;)

I visited Barrett in Raleigh on my way to Greenville! I hadn't seen her since July so it was long overdue! We caught up, did some shopping (she got new curtains), and we picked up Panera to-go. I didn't want to say goodbye so soon and I ended up getting to my Aunt Cathy's around midnight. 



The next day was Pirate Game day and we were all SO excited!! ECU was playing UNC. The weather was perfect for a football game. We loaded up the car and headed for the stadium around 11:00am. I tailgated with my mom, Phil, Aunt Cathy, Ron, Anna, and Faith first then headed over to meet my dad and Kendall! 

a little pre-tailgate dancing in the driveway




the team drove in behind us while we were taking pictures!


Phil was sporting his "neutral" colors since he is a State fan


My Aunt Cathy was my second Mama during my year at ECU. I couldn't have made it through that year without her! She was SO kind to let me stay the night with her when I was homesick. I will be forever thankful for those times!




Purple Haze!


After the first quarter I was able to sit with dad and Kendall in their season ticket seats. Mom, Phil, and the girls were almost directly across from us. Phil stuck out like a sore thumb in the sea of purple so we had to document it. So funny


The Pirates had a big lead over UNC going into the 4th quarter. This made our No Quarter tradition that much more fun!! I loved seeing all those No Quarter flags around the stadium.



Then the sunset was STUNNING! I remember many times when the sunset has looked amazing at Dowdy-Ficklen and it did not disappoint. God literally painted the sky purple for the Pirates ;)



 and UNC did score one more time after this photo was taken but I just had to document that ECU scored 70 points!! Dad said they broke the record for the most points scored in a home game since he was on the team. Wow what a great game!! :)


After leaving Aunt Cathy's house Sunday morning, I stopped back in Raleigh to visit my lovely bestie, Laura! I hadn't seen her in over a year!!! I was so excited to spend some time with her. We walked around Cameron Village, I got to meet her sweet Lola girl, and then we had a late lunch at Cracker Barrel. It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon and we didn't get a picture together! But I did take a picture of these fabulous Jack Roger flats that were on sale at Palm Avenue. I wanted them so bad, maybe next year when I have a pay check ;)


{September 26-28th}
Weekend at Home

Last weekend was spent at home. I had some wedding appointments to attend; a dress measurement and a florist consultation. I also just wanted to spend some time relaxing at home. Saturday night I got to see my sidekicks and after their baths I took my new favorite picture of them. How sweet do they look in their night gowns? :)


 {October 3-5th}
Weekend in Boone

This weekend I stayed in Boone for some relaxation and family fun! Friday night Mindy and I decided to relax at the apartment and watch Mean Girls because hello, October 3rd ;)


Saturday brought more game day adventures with mom, Phil, Anna, and Faith! They had not been to an App game yet so Mindy and I prepared the perfect Fall tailgate!! We prepared taco soup, home made mulled cider, and 60 cal pumpkin spice bars. The food was a hit, but sadly it was 40 degrees so it felt much more like a winter game!! My family just couldn't hang tailgating out in the windy, Boone air Ha ha!



The trees have started to turn!


Thankfully we were able to get some good pictures despite the cold :)







Before going into the game, I texted Kendall this picture of myself FREEZING. She and Dad were on the opposite side of the state at an ECU game. It was 77 degrees and sunny there and 40 degrees and windy in Boone. I was bundled up with 6 layers!


Roomies (plus Marc) braving the cold to cheer on our alma mater!

 Not quite half time and a freeze warning had been issued. BRRR


Anna and Faith clearly enjoyed the game ;) 

Since App wasn't playing too hot (see what I did there?) we decided to leave shortly after half time. It was just too cold and we were getting hungry. We picked up some Mellow Mushroom pizzas and headed back to my apt! So glad they braced the cold to spend the day with me in the Boonies.

They left last night and today I've laid around and gotten work done. Back to the grind tomorrow *sigh* Thank God for weekends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment