oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The F's of Fall Break

My Fall Break started with seeing some of my very Favorite people!
I stayed with Amy on Wednesday night before touring my spring internship site on Thursday. We had a lot to catch up on! I'm getting so excited to live with her in the spring!

Thursday afternoon I got to meet up with another one of my favorites, Barrett :) We ran some errands together and we got to catch up too! We hadn't seen each other since the end of July and that was much too long!

On Thursday night I went to the NC State Fair with another one of my favorites, Laura! I have never been the the state fair in my 23 years of life so it was high time to go! Laura has always gone every year with her family so she's a pro. She was the perfect friend to share my First experience with :)


Our first order of business was seeing Laura's sister Mari's picture that made it to the photography display and then... having some red velvet cake fried Oreos! Oh. my. word. Yes, I am still on the Daniel Plan, and my stomach hated me afterward, BUT I was going to have the fair experience and these babies were delicious.



Of course I wore my Home, Sweet, Home NC shirt!

Only besties split the last Oreo ;)


Our next stop was to see all the local vendors, which included the decorative cake contest winners. Can you get over this sushi cake? It looked like a real platter of sushi Hah



Then we went over to the expo center to see the largest pumpkins and look at the animals



Theres no way that watermelon is actually edible! Haha



After the expo center, we headed to watch the pig races! This was probably one of my favorite things. They were so cute :P




We walked by a hot pretzel stand and had to split one! Pretzels are our thing haha 



We made our way to the Ferris Wheel next. I was excited to see all the fair lights from above! 





We got on just as the fireworks were starting!





We saw the finale from the ground :)




On our walk towards the exit, I noticed something on my pants that definitely wasn't the color of anything I had eaten. Laura's Uncle Troy had spilt some of his hotdog on his pants earlier so we couldn't escape the #FairFunk Haha


We ended with some official state fair ice cream & stopping by a fun house to end the night!



It was such a Fun night! 

On Friday, I left Raleigh super early so that I could meet my parents at the City Club for a meeting with our wedding planner, Nathan. It was an absolutely delicious, and Fancy meal. It made me so excited to have our meal tasting with Andy to choose our dinner for the wedding! :)

Then, the rest of Fall Break was spent hanging out and laying low with the Fam. I don't know what it was, probably a mixture of exhaustion and reality setting in about all the changes that are coming soon; but I was in a total Funk on Saturday and Sunday. I just felt stressed and overwhelmed at my workload this semester and it hit me all at once! As I was driving back into Boone on Sunday night, I felt at peace again. It quickly made me realize how much Boone feels like home now. I am SO excited for everything coming up in the next year but all the change is going to be hard. I'm hopeful that the rest of this semester will go by quickly, because the workload is insane, but that I'll be able to enjoy every minute I have left in Boone!

No comments:

Post a Comment