oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend

My Easter weekend started on Thursday and I could NOT have been more excited!! I have had class until 3:00 on Friday afternoons all semester and this was the first weekend I was able to come home before Friday night!  

Thursday was also my brother's birthday! We got to celebrate him on Friday night by going to dinner at Portofinos :) I didn't take any pictures Friday night but here is a picture from Christmas, since his birthday did land on a #throwbackthursday ;)



I love you Will!! I can't believe you are getting close to your 30s! That must mean I'm getting old too… ;)

Saturday I met with my dad to go over the wedding budget and finalize some more plans! I can't wait to share some of my decisions once the contracts are finalized :) 

Saturday afternoon I got to go over to my Uncle Charles and Aunt Kim's house to dye Easter eggs with Barrett and her boyfriend Stephen! My family hasn't dyed eggs in forever so it was fun to be a part of their tradition. I bet you can't guess which egg is mine ;)



I ended the day with babysitting my favorite little side kicks! S is always so sweet during the time we get to spend together after E goes to sleep. While watching Cinderella, she turned to look at me and said "will you come over every day so I can give you a hug and a kiss?" Oh girl, if you only knew how much I'd love to do that instead of being in school this summer!! 


Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for church! It is funny how things change, all of us just casually looked at our baskets before walking out the door to church, and to think it used to be such a big deal to come down and pull everything out of the basket. It made me laugh that my mom and Phil put notecards in my basket. I have had SO many tests this semester, I really did need them ha ha

The sermon at church was SO good and hit close to home. Pastor Alex explained that the Saturday between Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday symbolizes fear and doubt after Jesus had died on the cross. But we KNOW he arose from the grave and we should rejoice in that!! Too many of us get stuck in the fear and doubt of Saturday when we should be celebrating the JOY and HOPE that comes with Sunday when Jesus overcame death!!

We got our next door neighbor, Dave, to take pictures of us after church and they turned out so pretty! We all kind of coordinated ha ha 



Mom and I were even twinsies ;)

Shortly after church we headed to Greensboro to have a cookout at my cousin Allie's house. It was so nice to see my Aunt Cathy's family! Allie has the cutest little boy, Brady and he definitely stole the show most of the afternoon :) I took a video of him opening his Easter basket and I wish I knew how to post it! He knew exactly what to do and it was precious! 

I spent today relaxing since mom and the girls went back to school. I ended the day having dinner with Dad, Kendall, and Will to celebrate our birthdays :) A great ending to my long weekend!

Now it's time to gear up for the craziness that comes with the end of the semester. Progress reports, evaluation reports, clock hours, tests, projects, and finals!! Oh, and it's my birthday week :) I'll be sure to find some time in all of that to celebrate!

Hope you had a Happy Easter! 


No comments:

Post a Comment