oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 20, 2014

Thank the Lord for long weekends!

Whew! I think the university has a good thing goin' starting classes the week before MLK weekend because it is MUCH needed after the first week back. 

Last week was "hell week" as defined by our professors and it sure did wear us out. We received all the information on our clients and were drowning in lesson plans by Wednesday. I was focused on my four clients so intently that some days I would briefly forget I had class at night. This semester is going to be a long one but I'm SO excited AND nervous to begin my first therapy sessions this week!!!!

Andy came down for the weekend and I was SO thrilled to see him!! He makes any week better :) He didn't get here until late Friday so we ate some mexican and then just hung out. 

Saturday we escaped to West Jefferson with Amy & Tyler for 24 hours of peace & relaxation!!


Tyler's family has a cabin where there is no cell phone reception or internet and it was a treat to not have those distractions for a while!






We just enjoyed each other's company, played games, and watched movies. Amy & I have been best friends since we were babies and I'm so glad that now the four of us have such a good time together. During breakfast on Sunday we discussed all the places we want to travel together before having kids:
Seattle
Alaskan cruise
New York City
… the list will keep growing I'm sure ;)

Sadly, Andy and I had to head back to my place to get work done after breakfast Sunday. However, we did fit in a very early Valentine's Day dinner at Red Onion. Who knows when we'll get to see each other again so we went out just in case.



We only got two solo pictures & a selfie… this is what our pictures have come to ha ha

The weekend ended by celebrating Mindy's birthday with her family at Makotos! More on that tomorrow :) Here's to a week FULL of learning from my first ever therapy sessions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment