oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Spring Break!

Just a couple days before Spring Break, my old faithful '99 Honda CRV bit the dust. Thankfully I already had plans to replace her over Spring Break but she just couldn't quite make it...


These are my last moments with my Honda before it was towed away from the parking lot at school. She served me well and kept me safe for 12 years (and over 100,000 miles!) !!




Andy and I celebrated Easter at our church by going to the sunrise service at Island Park and then to our Easter service at church. It was a chilly morning! We drove up to Andy's parents house afterwards to have dinner together.






The next day I flew down to Wilmington to spend time with Nana, Papa, and Aunt Darlene and pick up my car!! 




What a fun surprise to drive up to in Nana and Papa's driveway when they picked me up from the airport!! This car has been my Nana's for the last couple of years (a 2017), but she doesn't drive anymore and they wanted to gift it to me. I'm SO thankful!!


Another sweet thing I never want to forget is that Nana had pulled down my covers and sat a water beside my bed. She's been having a hard time getting around and her mind isn't always 100% but she still took the time to have my bedroom ready for me :-)


Another look at my car in the day light!


We decided to drive over to Myrtle Beach for the day to sit on the beach and stop at the Tanger Outlets. It was a gorgeous day!



Before I left Wilmington, we celebrated my birthday with a Mexican lunch and a Nothing Bundt cake :-)




One of my favorite things to do when driving from Wilmington to Charlotte is to stop at the Peach stand in Wadesboro. Their homemade peach ice cream is amazing!


Chapman was happy to see me without Luci ;-)


I ended up being in Charlotte on my actual birthday so Mom, Phil, and I went to Firebirds to celebrate :-)



That weekend was my sister-in-law, Leah's baby shower! I got to see my Nana and Aunt Darlene again as well as Anna, Kendall, Leah, and Will :-)








We all can't wait for baby Kayden to arrive in June!!


What a fun week of Spring Break spent with lots of family! I was excited to see Andy and Luci when I got home too!

No comments:

Post a Comment