oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Work Stoppage

I'm back to real-time blogging!

Things have been pretty crazy around here since the last time I posted. Other than my computer being dead, I've been a part of something that I never would have imagined the past few weeks. The teacher unions in West Virginia officially called a work stoppage that began February 22nd. Schools were closed for 9 days from start to finish. 

Despite whether or not I wanted to participate, I simply couldn't because of my job and my husband's job. That being said, I'm going to share what the last couple weeks have looked like for me. 

The first few days were BEAUTIFUL! I'm talkin' in the 70s. I got to have a park and lunch date with Becky and the kids.



Luci and I made sure to stay outside as much as we possibly could!


Over the weekend, Dawn and I got our craft on for a fundraiser.



During the next week, I got a lot of housework done, Luci went to the groomer, and we made sure to keep the windows open too :-)





 Last Friday, we headed down to Charlotte to see my family :-)








On Sunday we had family lunch after church and celebrated Anna's birthday!




I found out that schools were still closed Monday while we were still in Charlotte, so I decided to stay two extra days and catch a ride with Dawn on Tuesday. This meant I got to watch the Bachelor finale with my sisters, do some more shopping, and even have breakfast with Amy!




Finally, on Tuesday March 6th, they announced that schools would be re-opening on March 7th.


This was just in time for me to attend the WV Speech-Language Conference Wednesday-Friday. I rode up to Bridgeport with Dawn and Alexanne on Wednesday. We got 14 hours of continuing ed, ate some delicious pizza, and did some shopping. 




By the time we got home Friday, I was WORN out. The traveling and "conferencing" made for a long week. 

I never would have expected to miss 2 weeks of school in Feb/March, but I'm looking forward to seeing my students tomorrow and finishing out this school year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment