oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, August 31, 2017

SUMMERy of August!

Well, I've returned to work! It is so hard to say goodbye to relaxing days at home with Luci, but I was excited to see my co-workers and get back into a routine.

Before I get into the throws of fall and the craziness that comes with it, I wanted to wrap-up our last bit of summer fun!

Day dates with friends


I enjoyed one last get together with Becky and her kids. One of my very favorite parts of summer break is getting to spend time with my friends during the day! We agreed that I should stay at home with Luci ;-)

Barrett got engaged!!


My best cousin got engaged!! I'm SO excited for her and Stephen and I can't wait for all of the festivities to begin!

Summer Reading


I LOVE to read for fun, but it just doesn't happen much during the school year. Here is my stack of summer reads. I didn't get to finish Secrets in Summer, but I loved the other three :-) 

Trip to Roanoke



My Grandaddy was visiting Roanoke (one of his favorite places), so we took the opportunity to go see him since he was so close! I'm so glad we got to visit with him and my Uncle Charles. It's hard living 6-7 hours away from my grandparents. We ended the evening by having dinner at The Homeplace. That is some GOOD home cooking :-)

Glasses

Well, I finally bit the bullet and went to the eye doctor. My vision loss isn't bad at all, but I can definitely see much better from a distance!


State Fair

When the state fair is in your town, you have to go at least once ;-) We went on a Wednesday night to have some deliciously awful food and see the animals Ha ha




Anna's Move-In Day

I got to meet my family to help move Anna into college!!! It was SO fun being back in Boone and I just know she is going to love it :-) 













Dad and Kendall's visit

Dad and Kendall came to visit last weekend and it was a fun way to end the summer! We spent time relaxing, roaming the Greenbrier, and eating out. 


Snuggle time

And of course I can't leave out the sweet snuggles from my girl that I made sure to treasure :-)


Goodbye Summer, hello school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment