oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

The past month has been a hard one on Andy's dad's family. His Aunt Becky passed away in October and just over a week later his Grandpa Wallace passed away. We have traveled to Andy's parents house many times for funerals and other than that, we've relaxed at home. Some months, rest is just needed. Once Thanksgiving got here, we were glad to be heading to Craigsville for a happy occasion!! We got there Wednesday night and stayed until Friday morning. 





This was my first Thanksgiving to spend away from my family so I was excited to bake the pumpkin roll that my Nana has always made. I was quite proud of it! I also made a chocolate chip cookie pie that turned out tasty as well. 




Andy had to rest before we helped his mom put up Christmas decorations ;-) 



We headed to Charlotte on Friday and we spent the day and night with my Dad and Kendall. We hung out, watched movies, and on Saturday began watching what was, sadly, one of ECU's last games of the season.  Saturday afternoon we went over to Mom's and went to dinner at Firebirds. We spent time with Amy and Tyler, and Phil, Anna, & Faith got in late Saturday from an NCState football game. We had brunch together on Sunday and began putting up the Christmas tree before Andy and I began our trip back home. I didn't take any pictures while we were in Charlotte, but I did take a picture of Rielynn from when we visited on our way back home (because they moved back to NC!!) She is getting way too big, although cuter every day!! :-) 


I can't believe my week of Thanksgiving break has come to an end. Only 3 weeks left of work before Christmas break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment