oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Meet Luci

Andy and I are so excited to introduce our newest family member…

Luci


What a weekend we had!!!

I found out about the breeder who had Luci from my friend Grace, who was in my sorority. She posted a picture of her new puppy and he looked JUST like the type of dog Andy and I were looking for. We had discussed not getting a pup until the summer, so that I could be home to train her, but it just felt right when the breeder let me know that she had ONE girl left in her current litter. 

Andy and I traveled down to Mocksville, NC to meet Luci on Friday night, March 31st. On the way to meet her we found out some absolutely wonderful news regarding Andy's job and we saw a rainbow. It was such a happy and exciting evening!
"The Lord has done what he planned; he has fulfilled his word, which he decreed long ago." Lamentations 2:17a


After about 5 minutes of spending time with "the last girl in the litter," Andy and I knew she had to be ours! We went ahead and bought her and promised to come back and get her on Sunday at noon. That way, she could go home to our house first.



We spent the rest of the weekend in Charlotte. Most of my family happened to be out of town - Mom, Phil, and the girls were at my Grandaddy's and my Dad was in Greensboro with his basketball team. We crashed at my Mom's Friday night and then we headed to Amy and Tyler's on Saturday. It was a gorgeous day!! We spent time in downtown Waxhaw, grilled steaks, and watched UNC in the final 4. It was such a good time, and it was our last night as a family of two :-)



We arrived at the breeder's house at 11:30 on Sunday and we got our girl!!! Anna and Faith followed us there so they got to meet her too. We had already decided on the name Luci, which is after our beloved honeymoon spot, St Lucia. When we left, we got to meet Marc and Mindy at a nearby park to visit and have lunch. It was the perfect way for Luci to get some energy out and we were so happy to see our friends. 





We headed home around 1:30. It was about a 3.5 hour drive and Luci was a ROCKSTAR in the car!! She laid in my lap the whole way and she didn't get sick or make a peep. She even had to ride in the passenger seat of Andy's car on the last leg, since I had met him in Beckley on Friday, and she just laid there and slept. 



Andy had youth group once we got home so I spent the night getting Luci acclimated to her new home. She promptly pooped in the floor as soon as she stepped in the house ;-) And so began potty training!

We are already so in love with our sweet girl. She is just a baby, so we have a lot to learn and a lot of work ahead to train her. 

Welcome home, Luci girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment