oncontextmenu="returnfalse;" expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 19, 2014

Can't Catch a {Break}

My 2 week summer break has started off with a whole lot of yucky-ness. 

On Mother's Day I woke up feeling absolutely horrible. I had the worst the sinus pressure and the "tingly-nose-bad-allergies" feeling along with it. I toughed it out, went to church, lunch, and a movie with the family to celebrate my Momma. Can you tell how bad I felt in this picture?


But when we got home I crashed. By Monday morning, I had been up all night with no relief from decongestants, benadryl, and advil so I headed to urgent care. The doctor didn't think it was an infection but really bad swelling/inflammation from hay fever. Fun.  I was prescribed a steroid along with taking extra allergy meds among other things. I was surely hoping this concoction was going to get me feeling better! The doctor also ordered that I stay inside for 5 whole days. (Just what you want to hear on your summer break right!?)


By Tuesday night I was feeling a little better. My puppy got a bath to wash the pollen off of him and I was planning on heading to Greenville, SC with my best friend Amy to visit Erin


Then, I woke up Wednesday morning looking like this and feeling awful again. Such a bummer. Thankfully it wasn't pink eye but I still couldn't believe how much sinus pressure I was having so I had to cancel my plans.


Amy sent me this picture on Wednesday and I just about died from cuteness. I'm so sad I didn't get to go to Greenville with her to see Erin and Hadley. I hope we can plan another trip soon!


Thankfully, by Friday I was feeling a little better. I still had some sinus pressure but I could at least breathe through my nose! So after being house bound for 4 days I had to bust out! I got Starbucks and went to a few stores just to look around. I ended my outing by going downtown to drive by my venue :) I really need to share details asap!! It is kind of sad that little outing was the highlight of my week hah


I'm determined to have some fun this weekend and not let this sinus stuff get to me anymore. I'm convinced now that my sinuses just may not clear until I get back to Boone ha ha Here's to my second week of break being better than the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment